As a follow-up to the Drupal Freelancing BoF session at Drupal Camp London 2017, this Drupal Freelance group has been created to focus on the unique challenges and interests of freelancing (or contracting) Drupal professionals.
As Drupal freelancers, we take our craft and our freedom seriously. However, there is a lack of support for freelancers for improving the standard of our profession. This is true for the tech industry in general. From what we’ve seen, support can only come from our freelancing peers, unlike permanent employment which has a mature structure and support system.
To continue our discussions and support for each other, a home for the group has been created on Slack. I invite all active and potential Drupal freelancers to join us.
I don’t think the world needs yet another generic Drupal chatroom, so this will be a focused group for Drupal freelancers only, with the following goals:
- To make the business of tech freelancing easier for us, through support, sharing of resources, templates, and experiences.
- To share work opportunities, from vetted sources. (Sorry recruiters, this group is not for you).
- To push freelancing forward as a an equally, or better, alternative to permanent employment.
- To have a place where we can test out ideas and personal projects, with people who are interested in giving feedback.
- To recognise the unique challenges of tech freelancing, which combines craftsmanship and entrepreneurship.
If you're looking for Drupal freelancers for your project, this is also the right place. At this stage we are not yet opening the community membership for employers or recruiters, but you can reach our members by posting a job. Your job post will be shared with the community and interested/available freelancers will get in touch directly. Posting a job is free.
Drupal professionals, I’d like to invite you to join the Drupal Freelance group for the reasons above. Or at the very least, I’ll be sharing regular useful and relevant articles on it too.
NOTE: This group is exclusively for those who are already or interested in freelancing as a Drupal professional. You will be asked to prove that you are not a recruiter before being added to the group.
I suspect this group will grow beyond the Drupal community, if there is interest in the members.